Located in Shreveport, LA
Install Apprentice/Helper - Full-time Position
We are seeking an Air Conditioning Installer Apprentice who is dedicated, professional, and experienced. Our preferable candidate has a passion for the HVAC environment and thrives when working with a team.
The preferred Installer Apprentice will be responsible for the review, installation, inspection, replacement and conversion of various air conditioning systems. The preferred Installer will work with the install team, be able to take instruction from the team leader and have a professional and respectful relationship with co-workers and customers.
Schedule: M-F 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Uses safety equipment, supplies, and procedures to perform job duties as required, reports fire, sanitary and safety hazards and the need for repairs to appropriate administrator.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and to maintain a functional educational environment provides reports on activities as requested by appropriate administrator.
- Stores and shelves equipment and other supplies in conformance with various local, state, federal, and district rules and regulations; maintains equipment in a safe operating condition; maintains preventive maintenance procedures, records, and reports.
- Directs visitors and safeguards district property; adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations regarding safety and health.
- Attends and participates in District and/or College provided training or information sessions; incorporates new information or technology into existing job duties.
- Shall carry a communication device, if assigned one, and be available for general HVAC duties.
- Uses a computer for entry and retrieval of information for work assignments.
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing, and electronically.
- Operates equipment such as District vehicles, electric carts, electric power lifts, forklift, etc.; will use ladders.
- Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment and supplies) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105