Prevention Education Project Coordinator
Located in Salem, OR
Salary: Starting at $19.50/hr DOE
Express Employment Professionals is looking to hire a Prevention Education Project Coordinator. The Prevention Education Project Coordinator would be a creative thinker and an engaging public speaker with a passion for building relationships. Candidates with strong communication experience will utilize and refine those skills in the Prevention Program to support the lives of youth, families, and communities by fostering positive self-worth, promoting healthy online choices, and encouraging safe relationships.
Schedule: Fulltime, M-F; 8am-5pm
Pay: Starting at $19.50/hr. DOE
- Create innovative messaging to educate children, parents/caregivers, community leaders, and other adults about cyberbullying, sexting, and the negative consequences of risky online behaviors.
- Make dynamic community presentations throughout Marion and Polk counties to improve child-protective behaviors and reduce the online harm of cell phone and internet use.
- Build and maintain key community relationships by communicating and connecting with local groups, organizations, schools, stakeholders, supporters, and vendors.
- Develop and implement prevention curriculums and online learning modules to help children navigate the pressures of growing up in the digital age.
- Coordinate advertising, marketing, and promotions for the Prevention Program.
- Manage the Prevention Team’s online presence and social media, Webpage, Facebook, Instagram.
- Work independently and collaboratively with the Prevention Program Director and Prevention Team.
- Become knowledgeable of all aspects of the Prevention Program and support any outreach efforts of the organization throughout Marion and Polk counties as appropriate.
- Understand the work of the Non-Profit and the Prevention Program: Medical Assessments, Forensic Interviews, Family Support, Trauma-Informed Mental Health Services, and Community Outreach
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Marketing, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in communications, education, marketing, public speaking, OR
- Another acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills to create and nurture relationships with community stakeholders and supporters as well as vendors.
- Proficient computer skills using standard Microsoft applications, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License and acceptable driving record; proof of automobile insurance; and reliable personal transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background, DHS Child Welfare Registry, and sex offender registry check prior to employment.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and bicultural is preferred
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Contact us today! Call our office today to apply over the phone (503) 399-1200! Or email us your resume at: Erin.Dunn@ExpressPros.com *Please add “(Prevention Education Project Coordinator)” to the subject line of your email.
Express Office: Salem
925 Commercial Street South
Salem, OR 97302