12 Pallet Tube Operator
Located in Salinas, CA
The position is responsible for unloading of incoming raw product using a 12-pallet forklift, cool, monitor and stage pallets inside the cooler when pallets come out of the vacuum tubes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Unload incoming raw product from flatbeds using 12 pallet forklifts.
- Load empty bins or material truck back on trucks
- Perform cooling operation using vacuum tubes
- Maintaining cooling logs of all loads
- Maintaining proper documentation for all activity including daily rundown.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and perform any task assigned by a supervisor
- Must pass forklift certification test
- Must be able to resolve problems involving several variables and situations. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment collaborating with co-workers and management.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Prior to operating a forklift, perform inspection to ensure safety and ability of performing conditions. Report safety concerns or damage to the 12-pallet forklift immediately to the supervisor.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in safe handling of forklift.
- Maintain and work in accord with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration norms.
- Adhere to GMP’s in accordance with company policy.
- Must be able to work any shift and be able to work in an environment of 36F.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent from an accredited institution, without a forklift certification.
- Basic entry level computer knowledge required. Familiarity with touch screen smartphones a
- Must pass hand held wireless test and be able to read the instructions on the small
- Must know how to read and follow instructions in English.
- Forklift Certificate or experience required.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. Previous experience in scanning process is desirable.
- Basic English literacy with demonstrated ability to read, write and interpret work related documents and written work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures.
- Basic math skills with demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers to assure proper inventory counts and fulfillment of customer orders.
- Demonstrated ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced-high pressure environment, collaborating with co-workers and management.
- Sense of urgency, extreme accuracy, detail oriented, able to raise and effectively deal with issues at all levels of management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to suggest procedures to improve processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Forklift Certificate required
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in food processing plant.
- Prior experience in a fresh vegetable or food processing plant a plus.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be a current member of or willing to sign up with the Teamsters Local Union No. 890.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to use a handheld scanning device such as, hold the device, follow screen prompts and instructions, and push buttons on the device.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold, 36 degrees. The employee will be working inside a production and/or warehouse facility where the use of chemical substances is present and used. Employee''s work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud when working in the production/warehouse facility
Express Office: Monterey County
45 West Alisal Street
Salinas, CA 93901