Rehabilitation Case Manager
Located in Utica, NY
This Direct Hire position will reach out to consumers, market programs, complete intakes, develop service plans, coordinate therapy, process referrals, and provide services to enable consumers who are blind and visually impaired to achieve their highest level of functioning.
Salary Range is $34,000-$44,000 DOE
- Respond to consumer inquires and reach out to inactive consumers. Provide comprehensive accurate information on services available. Encourage and support consumers as they pursue services and address their rehab needs.
- Market special programs, residential services, new initiatives, and events. Share details including employment options available.
- Assist and support our outreach efforts including assisting our Outreach and Service Promotion Coordinator as needed. This may include health fairs, community presentations, agency tours and more.
- Assist and participate with specialized events such as residential programs, open house, group classes, adaptive sports and recreation programs, and other rehab related service programs.
- Complete agency intakes and establish rehab plans. Secure appropriate program funding. Complete insurance and medical network information including releases of needed information. Review privacy practice policy and confidentiality guidelines.
- Make consumer referrals within the rehabilitation department for different services needed and monitor timelines of service. Monitor consumer progress, coordinate services, complete ongoing documentation, and report final results. Follow up to ensure all consumer identified needs are met and quality outcome achieved. Advocate for consumers as needed.
- Work with Rehab Department Assistants to ensure accuracy, completeness, and organization of consumer case record.
- Maintain a current understanding of community resources, making referrals to other organizations as needed. Complete applications for special services including, but not limited to, NYS Park passes, Veterans Annuity Applications, talking books, and more.
- Network with the social workers as needed.
- Consult, refer and network with primary caregivers. Communicate and network the associated professionals involved in the consumer’s rehabilitation plan. This may include NYSCB, the VA, Access VR, school or vocational programs, and other associated professionals. Follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Complete low vision follow up. Document consumer challenges, success, and overall findings. Communicate with LV staff. Ensure consumers have a clear understanding of how equipment is to be used. Provide and review LV device care and usage guide. Identify natural supports leading to long-term success. Schedule follow up low vision exams as needed.
- Coordinate, conduct, and assist with the completion of low vision telemedicine exams. Must be comfortable with diagnostic equipment, remote services, use of an IPad, and electronic documentation. Provide instruction and dispense equipment in introductory rehabilitation therapy areas including areas of communication, timepieces, calendars, writing equipment (bold line paper, dark pens, etc.). Document progress, consult with VRT staff as needed, and make referrals for complex cases.
- Assist our preschool vision screening team with screenings. This would include traveling to the screening site, setting up and breaking down the screening equipment, interacting with site professionals and children, organizing paperwork, conducting the screenings, documenting data collected, and processing paperwork.
- Develop weekly schedule to maximize efficiency and enter your schedule on Outlook. Document mileage and services on TICR daily.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
Basic knowledge of computer systems and office software; Word, Excel, CIS, TICR, Zoom, and more. Must have a good knowledge regarding low vision aids, adaptive equipment, use of an iPad, and electronic documentation. Must be willing to learn new technology.
Frequently required to talk or hear. Occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key job elements.
Extensive travel required. Instruction may occur in a variety of environments including consumer’s home or school, remotely, and/or the community. Must be flexible to meet the business demands and alter one’s work schedule/work hours as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, health care, education, or related field with a minimum of one-year experience in the Human Services field. Experience in volunteer, intern, or paid capacity in human service field a plus. Experience in customer service, marketing or sales helpful. Must meet NYSCB contractual requirements.
Please submit your resume to this posting. You can also visit us online at www.expressmohawkvalley.com
to complete our application or contact our office at 315-790-5723 with any questions. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502