Located in Morgantown, WV
Salary: Starting at $47,000 yearly
A law firm in Morgantown is now seeking a Legal Assistant to join their team. The ideal candidate will be able to handle a high-volume caseload while maintaining accuracy and efficiency. This is a great opportunity to be part of an established and well-regarded team. Compensation for this role will start at $47,000 yearly and could go higher, based on experience.
- Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence.
- Interprets and prepares chronologies and summaries, as requested.
- Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence, discovery responses, deposition notices, reports and other documents as necessary.
- Prepares and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other requests for information.
- Ensures organization of files including maintenance and management.
- Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement.
- Conducts legal research using online media for experts, background searches, case investigation.
- Maintains trial schedules, coordinates and assists in preparation for trial.
- Provides professional assistance and support to the legal staff in the development, research, management and resolution of the cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of prior experience in a similar role.
- Experience in insurance defense is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of legal concepts, procedures and practices. Knowledge of operations, practices and procedures of civil litigation.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge in legal research and deposition motion practices and procedures.
- Research, analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and knowledge and application of legal research tools (Westlaw).
- Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (304) 381-4466.
About Express Employment Professionals
Since 2014, Express Employment Professionals of Morgantown has been empowered by our work of connecting people with great jobs and great companies. We are energized by our mission of helping people be successful. We love making a difference in people’s lives and careers. To us, it’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity. It’s belief in your abilities and in your talents and in you. It’s more than a job. It’s your future.
Benefits to working with Express Employment:
- Weekly pay on Friday
- No fees to job seekers
- Health insurance available
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Attendance and referral bonus programs
Express Employment Professionals is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Express Office: Morgantown
3000 Coombs Farm Drive
Morgantown, WV 26508