Located in Milwaukee, WI
Under the direction of the Material Manager, the Buyer reviews material requirements for actual and forecasted sales, and plans and purchases the highest quality materials, parts, and components, etc. at the most cost-effective pricing while meeting delivery requirements and analyzes material requirements to determine when materials will be needed, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Maintains a supplier base that supports company objectives regarding quality, cost and production requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper inventory levels to support fast paced assembly line atmosphere and perform inventory analysis utilizing MRP.
- Run ERP status reports and analyze for adequate levels of materials to meet projected production needs.
- Identify potential supply chain risks and report to management.
- Create and purchase orders and/or blanket orders and order needed materials to meet production requirements, expedite orders as needed.
- Review all purchase or MRP requisitions and order accordingly, ensuring the purchase of the highest quality materials, parts, components, or services at the most cost effective pricing, while meeting delivery requirements.
- Researches, analyzes, and forecasts current and future buying trends, markets, styles, and products, with attention to specified target market and demographics.
- Work with freight carriers to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate and resolve receiving issues and vendor returns.
- Help identify and assist with implementing cost reduction projects.
- Collaborate with other departments including engineering, marketing and quality assurance on ECNs.
- Will work closely with warehouse and accounting groups on inventory projects.
- Utilize ERP, Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and other IT systems effectively.
- Assist management with creating/ updating purchasing processes and procedures
- Source domestic and international suppliers for the purchase of parts at the most cost effective price, ensuring the meeting of quality standards and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate with suppliers for materials and parts, ensuring the ability to meet production requirements and quality standards.
- Record supplier non-conformances in the central database and follow appropriate corrective actions per departmental procedures. Discuss and/or share results with key suppliers on a regular basis.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The right candidate will possess the subsequent:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of purchasing and sourcing experience
- International purchasing background
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Must be proactive and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Must demonstrate ability to utilize ERP and MRP effectively
Express Office: Mequon
11126 North Cedarburg Road
Mequon, WI 53092