Shipping / Receiving Supervisor
Located in Stevensville, MD
Express is a full service staffing and recruiting firm with an international presence and local ownership. Our location services the Delmarva Peninsula from Chestertown, MD to Wallops Island, VA, and Bay to Ocean. We assist local companies in hiring qualified individuals for their openings in office, commercial, industrial, and medical settings, including temporary, evaluation hire and direct hire placements. Expand your search with Express!
Our client company in Queen Anne''s County, MD is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Supervisor.
This position will direct the daily operation of the shipping/receiving department, coach and train shipping/receiving employees, and report events to the appropriate department for clarification or further instruction. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage pulling parts and distribution of Manufacturing Orders (MO’s) to support Materials.
- Negotiate pricing, coordinate, pack all Trade Show shipments.
- Must be able to perform all the duties of a Shipping/Receiving employee.
- Accurately and efficiently organize, and be accountable for, the order processing work flow in the department to complete daily order processing.
- Assist with Training and Cross Training of associates assigned to the department
- Negotiates freight quotes and estimates with vendors.
- Ensure departmental goals are achieved.
- Maintain a smooth operational flow throughout the shipping process by removing bottlenecks and redirecting employees as needed.
- Ensure shipping/receiving employees follow proper procedures and standard operating practices.
- Coach employees in area of responsibility regarding company practices and policies
- Assist with all daily operations as required.
- Work with other departments on special projects that will require enhanced shipping requirements (crating, special handling, international equipment shipments).
- Review freight bills for accuracy, report discrepancies to the accounting dept. and work to resolve issues.
- Maintain the department for safety and cleanliness.
- Establish optimum locations for the storage of finished goods.
- Maintain a tight inventory of consumable shipping supplies.
- Coordinate and prepare all Customs paperwork with Freight Forwarders.
- Work closely with Accounting on Letters of Credit shipments, prepare all necessary forms as required.
- Coordinate, manage and report weekly cycle counts to the Materials Department
- Assist with inventory activities as directed.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with employees and with management
- Must be Flexible and self-motivated
- Computer Knowledge
- Navigation of Internet
- Basic accounting practices
- Basic inventory practices
- General use of MS Office programs
- Scissor lift experience is desired
- Experience with International Shipping is highly desired
- Experience with Fed Ex and UPS
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree or higher
Certificates, Licenses, etc.
Interested? Give us a call TODAY -(410) 820-8888 or (410) 860-8888!
We also accept applications in the office or online at www.ExpressPros.com. Resumes are okay too! You can email one to EastonMD@ExpressPros.com or SalisburyMD@ExpressPros.com.
Not looking, but know someone who is? We offer referral bonuses! Help your friends and family while you also help yourself!
Express Office: Easton
29466 Pintail Drive
Easton, MD 21601