Quality Control Chemist I
Located in Texarkana, TX
Position: Quality Control Chemist I
Location: Texarkana, TX
Type of Position: Direct Permanent Position
Relocation: Company offers relocation package
To assure by chemical and physical testing that all raw materials, manufactured materials, in-process and finished products meet established specifications that impact their identity, strength, quality, purity and stability.
Samples of bulk chemicals, manufactured bulk product, and finished drug product are submitted to the QC Laboratory for testing. The Chemist utilizes standard methods of analysis and numerous analytical techniques in testing these samples. They document their results and generate reports as required by the Director of Technical and Regulatory Affairs to whom they report directly.
A minimum of two years associates degree in Chemistry. A four-year science degree with chemistry major or minor preferred.
- Perform physicochemical tests on intermediate and finished goods. Typical testing includes active ingredient and preservative assay, viscosity, pH, density, etc. general identification tests, thin-layer chromatography, etc. Methods must be accurately followed and testing results properly, accurately and completely documented.
- Perform physicochemical tests on incoming chemical components (raw materials). Typical tests include assay, density, water content, LOD, ROI, identification, etc.
- Maintain organized, sanitary, and safe working environment.
- Keep Retain Sample Room organized and in working order.
- Wear adequate PPE while performing job function.
- Conduct special projects as directed by QC Lab Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient on classic “wet” chemistry techniques. Such as titration, gravimetric analysis, separation, decantation, filtration, precise analytical weighing, precise volumetric preparations and transfers, etc.
- Must be able to operate analytical instrumentation such as IR, UV/Vis, KF, Polarimeter, TOC, potentiometric titrator, etc.
- Have a basic knowledge of how analytical instrumentation works.
- Have basic instrumentation troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to interpret analytical data and be proficient in typical mathematical conversions including stoichiometry.
- Be able to derive mathematical calculations from analytical methods.
- Be able to calculate linear regressions, interpolations and extrapolations of data points.
- Must be scientific and safety minded.
- BS in Chemistry or science related field
- Experience working in a Chemistry Lab
- Knowledge of cGMP as per 21CFR210 and 211
- Knowledge of USP monographs and General Chapters
- Hands on experience in Classical Wet Chemistry
- Experience using HPLC and GC instruments preferred
About the Company:
The Company serves over 45,000 pharmacies through its Pharmaceutical Segment and its Consumer OTC Products franchise. The Company is anchored by its leading non-sterile compounding delivery vehicles, including topical and transdermal creams, syrups and suspensions. They also serves consumers through its established and diverse Consumer OTC Products business of over 160 items with product placement in all major drug, food, and mass-market retail chains, along with independent, locally owned pharmacies.
In Texarkana you will find a blending of two great cultures...where the south meets the west! Geographically located on the border of Texas and Arkansas, Texarkana is composed of two cities with the same name. Recently listed as the nation’s second fastest growing city with less than 500,000 population, Texarkana was also ranked number 26 among small cities for families to relocate.
Express Office: Texarkana
3206 Jefferson Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854