Supply Chain Planner - $50K - $65K
Located in Utica, NY
Salary: $50K - $65K
With our recent success placing this position before, we anticipate the need for a strong candidate pool. Our goal is to be ready with strong candidates, once the need for this position arises again. If you would like us to keep in contact with you for future opportunities please apply for the position!
The Supply Chain Planner is a key member of the Supply Chain Team who will lead the supply planning process. This role is responsible and will oversee inventory requirements with a focus on aligning demand and supply that will enable our company to meet sales objectives while effectively managing cashflow. Works closely in a cross-functional setting with all internal Team Members and some key suppliers, while providing continuous feedback, ideas, and problem-solving analysis to support our company's strategic plan.
- Calculate and continuously update inventory targets and reorder points based on service level, historical demands, and variability.
- Generate weekly and monthly material availability reports while measuring impact of forecast accuracy.
- Develop periodic ordering cycles based on an ABC analysis and associated parameters.
- Prepares and reports out inventory projections, turns, and other key inventory related metrics.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives around planning methods, forecasting techniques, and SKU rationalization.
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for planning processes and related systems.
- Collaboratively works with Information Systems team to identify initiatives focused on the automation of scheduling requirements, procurement, and inventory management.
- Collaboratively works with Operations, Sales and Finance Teams to identify KPIs focused on capturing scheduling and inventory effectiveness.
- Other job responsibilities to be assigned at Manger discretion.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Strong communicator; both written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic cross functional team setting.
- Detail oriented with the ability to lead strategic initiatives.
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and supply planning.
- Strong analytical and extensive spreadsheet analysis abilities.
- Experience with MRP functionality.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in supply chain, operations, or related field.
Salary & Benefits:
$50,000-$65,000 per year depending on skills & experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
Please contact Express Employment Professionals at (315) 790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502