Great Career Opportunity
For over 20 years, the mission of Express Employment Professionals has been to help great people find great jobs and help great businesses find the people they need to succeed!
Our client is a recognized steel manufacturing company in the Hamilton Area. Looking for General Labourers to work continental shifts. Duties include following lock out and inspection procedures, coil marking, and equipment checks.
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Must be able to work around dust, high heat, noise and close quarters to equipment
- Must be comfortable wearing required PPE to operate in high heat environment
- Capable of basic hand tool use
- Will have to pass a Medical Screening for Mobile equipment and a field test.
- Successfully complete a simulated crane based instructional session.
- Must have or will be expected to learn basic computer skills.
- Basic PC/Windows fundamentals, Windows environment.
- Basic MS Mail.
- Basic Word-processing.
- Find and will learn how to locate Safety Programs and Training databases.
- Find and will learn how to find all (E.L.O.R.S) equipment lock reports for all areas of the Hot Mill.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both reading, writing, and vocabulary are essential.
- Must be willing to participate in continuous learning activities sponsored by the company, and the team.
- Must utilize the acquired skills to aid and benefit the team, company, and themselves.
Other skills and experience to be considered an asset:
steel, general labour, labourer, hamilton, general labor, laborer