Revenue Cycle Manager
Located in Redmond, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
A Central Oregon healthcare leader is adding a Revenue Cycle Manager to their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Redmond, Oregon is located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers. It is in the heart of Central Oregon and is an outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise!
What You Get to Do!
This position will coordinate effective management of revenue cycle activities across the organization to include, but not limited to client registration, clinical coding practices, billing, collections, financial reporting, contracts management, and staff training. The Revenue Cycle Manager will optimize clinical coding practices, ensure ethical and accurate billing practices, implement accurate and timely reporting practices, and oversee a revenue cycle performance management system.
- Oversee and strengthen the Billing Team, providing them the tools that will allow them to succeed and support strong teamwork.
- Ensure the billing team effectively supports the clinical teams and executive team in achieving their performance goals.
- Keep Billing Specialists up to date on third party coverage contracts, assuring that current contractual terms are understood and applied correctly.
- Maintain current information for billing and collections processes for each third-party carrier in a Billing Manual.
- Maintain a process of coverage verification for scheduled patients prior to appointment.
- Maintain a Sliding Scale policy and process that reflect the federal FPL limits and HRSA requirements.
- Support Credentialing with the timely onboarding of providers and clinicians with all plans.
- Maintain and update a coding manual for clinical providers of optimal coding practices. Support training staff training to this manual.
- Work with clinical teams to ensure timely documentation and processing of encounters.
- Monitor coding practices among providers to determine potential patterns of coding errors.
- Provide the Finance Director a monthly reconciliation of billed to received charges and an Accounts Receivable Aging report.
- Prepare status reports for management to analyze trends and make recommendations.
- Ensure the timely of processing and correction of rejected or underpaid claims.
- Maintain a regular schedule for writing off bad debts, with approval from the Finance Director.
- Maintain an electronic catalog of revenue contracts with pertinent information, including contract start and end times, reporting requirements, revenue recognition, etc.
- Inform responsible parties on due dates for contract reporting requirements.
- Work closely with accounting team on allowed revenue and deferred revenue in the contracts.
- Coordinate the Revenue Cycle Management team to address any deficiencies in staff performance uncovered by internal audits.
- Ensure accuracy of all information entered into the patient billing system.
- Participate in program/service evaluation activities; facilitate changes in provision of service based on Continuous Quality Improvement results.
- Monitor data integrity for the practice management system. Report problems to the Finance Director or other appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Hold all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) and other patient personal information and agency information in confidence, in accordance with the Employee Confidentiality Statement.
- Actively comply with all aspects of the Corporate Compliance Program, follow the Code of Conduct, and obey all relevant laws, statutes, regulations, and requirements applicable to Medicaid, Medicare and other State and Federal health care programs.
- Participate in CQI, other internal committees, special projects/observances or activities that promote improvements in organizational performance and/or advance the mission, goals and objectives of the organization.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Health Care Administration or related field
- Two years of management experience in a healthcare setting
- ICD-10 medical coding certification is preferred
- Advanced computer experience in word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, desktop publishing, and database management required
- Ability to work well within a team structure, possessing outstanding interpersonal relationship building, and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience building strong teams.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication in a professional setting as well as demonstrated experience working with a diverse population of employees.
- Must be able to promote a positive influence within the company.
- Ability to work within framework of standard policies and procedures.
- Experience complying for compliance with all federal, State and local employment laws.
- Passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702