Senior Staff Accountant
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
A well-established Central Oregon company is seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
- Provide accurate and relevant financial accounting reports in a timely manner, perform month end closing procedures, and account reconciliations for communities.
- Support corporate management in obtaining financial success by researching and analyzing accounts, reviewing financial statements, providing reports, and communicating financial information to the field as needed.
- May assist with loan compliance and refinancing, budget preparation, and construction draws.
- Responsible for financial accounting records from general ledger through preparation and verification of financial statements for assigned communities
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger by applying generally accepted accounting principles to all transactions
- Review budgets and prepare budget to actual variance analysis reports for assigned communities
- Perform various reconciliation of accounts and financial analysis, as assigned
- Accumulate required tax package information for tax accountant
- Review monthly balance sheet and profile-and-loss statements for accuracy
- Assists in coordinating monthly closing and production of statements to guarantee timely reporting
- Prepare required statutory and other appropriate reports, as assigned
- Assist in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures
- Reviews supporting subsidiary schedules to ensure that the company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations
- Assist with external audit preparation, as needed
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Perform all work assigned for the agreed upon monthly wage accepting no additional payment or non- perishable gifts from residents, vendors, Community management or others
- Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential
What You will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- At least two years of work experience in financial accounting showing progressively higher levels of responsibility is preferred
- A working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet departmental deadlines
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player
- Maintain a positive, respectful approach with coworkers
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant software applications
- Possess the initiative to request, and the ability to accept, and complete additional responsibilities
- Ability to promote a positive work environment, while exhibiting a professional work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English), both verbally and in writing with residents and staff
- Represent the Company in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner
- Adhere to and follow company policies, procedures, and standards
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702