Located in Pensacola, FL
Salary: up to $20/hr
Job Summary: Local company is looking for a Bookkeeper. The bookkeeper will provide full charge bookkeeping and payroll processing services to sites on a contractual basis. The sites will contract with the Center to provide typical bookkeeping services that include preparing payroll, posting general ledger entries, maintaining both AP and AR records, reconciling monthly bank statements and maintaining all financial files and polices.
1. Prepares payroll on cycle determined by sites including:
• Assembling approved timesheets or attendance records
• Posting hours worked/salary to be paid
• Processing payroll in a third party payroll system.
• Printing prepost payroll journal to be reviewed and approved.
2. Posts all transactions to financial system using full accrual accounting including:
• Deposits generated by the site office staff for all funds received at the site
• Payables as bills are received or encumbrances established
• Disbursements for payables and other request for payment
• Periodic liability payments
• Interest and other deposits made to savings accounts held in the Deposit & Loan company at the PC
• Journal entries needed to make adjustments to the general ledger as needed, justified and approved including corrections from bank statements
• Payroll information
• Any accounts receivable entries needed by the site to track anticipated income from an established fee/loan arrangement
• Budget information by month once approved by the site
• Monthly bank reconciliation and provides for review
• Periodic financial reports as requested including budget to actuals, profit & loss statements, balance sheets
• Transaction listings in a variety of formats to show historical data for the budget preparations process.
• Periodic vouchers based on the accounts receivable sub-ledger and provides those to the front office staff for distribution and contact with clients
• Cash flow statements for analysis
• All financial files & supporting documentation following guidance in the Organizations Financial Polices & Procedures Manual
• Necessary and updated reference material for the IRS, DOL, SSA, and State of Florida.
5. Performs regular analysis on:
• Distribution of income and expense transactions to ensure postings to the correct account particularly as they relate to the budget
• Actual income and expense items as compared to the budget in advance of delivery to the Finance Council
• Balance sheet accounts to detect improperly posted entries that result in incorrect debit or credit balances
• Cash flow to ensure the parish/school has adequate funds to cover projected expenses
6. Ensures the internal control system as required by diocesan policy is being followed from the perspective of a bookkeeper and to the extent possible from the position. This means that transactions are not posted or checks produced unless they are adequately documented and approved by appropriate authority. This includes periodic training of employees on the internal control system that must be followed by the site.
7. Cross trains and works with other PCAS team members to serve their clients in the event of an unexpected absence or emergency.
8. Provides advice on financial management issues as they arise.
Location: Pensacola, FL
Position Type: Evaluation Hire
Pay: $35,000-$37,000 per year with full benefits, DOE
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm
Ways to Apply:
- Call our office at 850-494-1776 for an immediate phone interview today
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you''ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you''re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. In 2021 we put over 1,450 people to work in the Pensacola area. Let us help you today!
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspensacola.com.
Express Office: Pensacola
7100 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504