Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Forklift/Material Handler Job Summary: A Grand Rapids steel stamping company is looking for a skilled Forklift operator for their team. They serve all kinds of industries and there are multiple growth avenues with this steel manufacturing company!
Forklift/Material Handler Job Responsibilities:
- Reading work order or following oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Count, weigh, and record number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Keeps material flowing in and out of the machines.
- Clean work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Assemble skids to contain products.
- Operates industrial Hilo to assist in loading trucks or moving materials and products.
- Package material as defined in work instructions.
- Move scrap away from machines and puts the scrap in designated scrap containers.
Schedule & Pay:
- 2nd shift, Monday-Thursday 3:00pm - 1:10am w/ OT on Friday and Saturday as needed
Forklift/Material Handler Qualifications:
- 3+yrs of Metal Stamping or Steel experience/training with 1-2 years of dedicated forklift experience
- Previous material handling experience in a production setting
- Ability to lift-up to 40 pounds as needed; 25 pounds on a consistent basis
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- High school diploma or GED required
- Quick Apply Here
- Send your resume to: Jobs.GrandRapidsMI@ExpressPros.com
- Give our office a call: 616-281-0611
- Stop by our office: 1760 44thStreet SW, Suite 10, Wyoming, MI 49519, Inside the Chateau Centre.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
Apply today on the ExpressJobs app! Search for other great job openings in your area, build your profile, and apply, all from your mobile device. Available in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: http://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519