Diesel Mechanic/Technician - Hope AR
Located in Prescott, AR
Salary: 14.00 - 18.00
Position: Diesel Mechanic Tech / Hope, AR
Location: Hope, AR
Hours: 7am to 4pm
Apply Now: ExpressTexarkana.com
The position of Diesel Mechanic/Technician that requires a strong work ethic with diligent safety habits. The employee must be able to continuously evaluate procedures for tractor/trailer maintenance in an ever changing environment to maximize productivity and proficiency without compromising safety. The employee must be able to perform duties in an adverse environment while recognizing and adjusting to potential hazards of large machinery operations. The employee must never compromise personal, employees or public safety in performance of his/her duties. The employee must abide and support all company and customer policies and procedures while performing his duties.
Basic Welding, Bend/Stoop/Climb, Basic Computer, Basic Mechanics, Move around equipment safely, Organization, forklift Operation, Tools, Valid CDL, Problem Solving, Communications, and Valid Med Card.
- Inspect and clean work area daily to ensure area is safe for operation; hazard identification
- Cease operations immediately and report safety hazards to management
- Ensure PPE is maintained and utilized at all times. Hardhat, Safety glasses, Steel-toe boots w/ankle support and high visibility vest. Welding mask and chaps when needed.
- Report hazardous fluid spills immediately to Maintenance & Safety Director. Participate in containment and cleanup required for specific fluids.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Complete any other duties assigned by Management.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
Express Office: Texarkana
3206 Jefferson Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854