HR Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Located in Oakland, CA
HR Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Our Client in Oakland has an excellent opportunity for a Direct Hire Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates clients current HR and Benefit practices.
- Identifies gaps and inefficiencies.
- Provides recommendations by utilizing HR and Benefit services, including but not limited to, benefits administration, to maximize client satisfaction and retention.
- Assists clients and internal associates with developing and implementing compliant HR and Benefit practices. Manages assigned accounts based on client’s needs.
Consults with HR Business Partners and internal departments to ensure client HR and Benefit programs and policies are aligned with appropriate state and federal laws and regulations.
- Exercises judgment and makes effective decisions when interpreting HR and Benefit policies and regulations.
- Reviews and resolves issues by utilizing plan documents and business rules. Communicates with vendors, clients, and worksite employees regarding policies, benefit eligibility, claims, and employee rights and responsibilities.
- Analyzes and audits cases to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of HR and Benefits products and services.
Serves as a liaison for all HR and Benefit inquiries and issues, both internally and externally.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with clients, vendors, and internal associates. Communicates HR and Benefit plan interpretations, assisting with eligibility issues, and claims.
- Assists and supports Clients with Payroll processing questions and issues.
Use on-line tools and other resources to research and respond to Client inquiries requiring guidance on how to address a wide variety of payroll, pay practice and payroll tax questions and situations.
Collaborates with internal Clients/Partners (401k, FSA, Tax, etc.) and/or third party vendors involved in providing services to identify and resolve issues and ensure that these services meet Client expectations.
Administers group health and welfare plans, including, but not limited to, Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Commuter Benefits.
- Ensures benefit plans are within the guidelines of Section 125, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA and any city, state, and federal laws.
- Delivers HR and Benefit products and services.
- Provides a high level of quality service to clients, employees, vendors and internal associates. Identifies discrepancies and follows up to resolve.
- Resolves escalated issues through problem solving, ownership and follow through.
Maintains current knowledge of evolving HR and Benefit legislations.
- Proposes new procedures and processes to enhance the delivery of HR and Benefit products and services
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- All other areas preferred and major area of concentration are Business or HR
- Other education or certification requirements preferred are PHR, SPHR, or CEBS Certification.
- 1-3 Years and prior experience in Client Services, HR and Benefits
- Minimum 2 years of payroll processing experience
- Basic knowledge of payroll tax deposit, filings, principles and wage and hour laws
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to HR and Benefits Administration.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task. Must be able to work under time constraints and deadlines.
Expected to achieve a working knowledge of the following applications:
PR Module, HR Module, TA Module
Total Tax Plus
Exposure to additional offerings:
Comp Benefits, Comp HR
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.00 - $33.00 per hour
Express Office: San Ramon
2303 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583