Customer Service Representative
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Customer Service Representative Job Summary:
A gourmet food company in the Grand Rapids area is seeking a full time Customer Service Representative to join their team.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Answers customer questions and provides customer with information about products, prices, availability, product usage, credit terms, catalogs and pricelists.
- Takes customer orders, order changes or cancelations and provide estimates or quotes prices, credits or contract terms and delivery dates.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services or products by recommending products to customers, based on customer needs and interests.
- Coordinates and ships all liquor chocolates orders from New Jersey.
- Determines charges for merchandise and/or services requested, collect deposits or payments, and/or arranges billing. Completes and mails customers’ invoices.
- Arranges and direct delivery with the responsible personnel and coordinates any special delivery requirements with the Customer Service Manager.
- Coordinates any specific customers for shipment from New Jersey or Michigan facility.
- Determines shipping method of merchandise with, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates as well as records specific shipment data for reporting and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contacts carrier representatives to make arrangements and issues form for instructions for shipping and delivery of the merchandise and to rectify problems, such as damages, shortage and other shipping-related issues.
- Resolves customer’s service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills as directed by manager.
- Compares disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepares credits for returned goods.
- Obtains and examines all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine causes.
- Contacts customers in order to respond to inquiries and/or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments and referring unresolved customer grievance to designated departments for further investigation.
- Manages, organizes, and updates any relevant data and /or customer data such as order forms and pricelists, change of address records, customer payment forms and any other customer service relevant forms using database applications in the computer.
- Maintains and updates filing, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Performs reception duties in and efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Pursues personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday 8:30am to 5:30pm and Friday: 8:30am-3:00pm
Customer Service Representative Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or higher preferred.
- Previous Customer Service experience required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; command of English language both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and work with minimal supervision. Self-starter.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as a team member.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Initiative in applying problem solving skills preferred.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Quick Apply Here
- Send Mina your resume: Mina.Stallworth@Expresspros.com
- Give our office a call: 616-281-0611
- Stop by our office: 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10. Inside the Chateau Centre.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Evaluation Hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit:
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519