Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
A rapidly growing, locally-owned organization is growing their team!
What You Get to Do!
The primary duties of the Controller are to plan, organize, direct, measure, and analyze the day-to-day accounting activities. The Controller will support the Director of Accounting in the day-to-day accounting activities of the organization and prepare financial statements and other financial analysis needed for Executive Management. This position is a Managerial position and requires strong technical, supervisorial, and interpersonal skills.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Train, coach, manage accounting personnel in the use of accounting policies and procedures to maximize productivity.
- Assess accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes to ensure commitments and deadlines are met
- Prepare and report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies
- Work in conjunction with the Accounting Manager of JV entities to regularly combine all consolidating entities.
- Manage reconciliation of accounts for monthly and annual closings.
- Apply job cost accounting methods to construction jobs and other Company projects.
- Prepare financial forecasts, analysis and other reports for management to understand the financial state of the business.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Responsible for the budgeting process and must ensure that all budgets input in the computerized accounting and construction systems reflect contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times.
- Create and maintain all department policies, processes and procedures including internal controls and the proper completion of financial transactions.
- Participate in tax reporting compliance and filings.
- Participate in preparation of annual audit.
Accounting Software Management
- Hold the primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of accounting information system applications.
Cash Management and Treasury
- Oversee monitoring of all financial reporting from third party companies, as well as ensure that financial reports are prepared within established timelines.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors’ in Accounting or Finance or related field
- CPA license preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience required (including 6+ years of public accounting)
- Demonstrated successful management of 4+ staff required
- Home-building industry experience preferred
- Good understanding of accounting terminology and functions including preparing, entering and understanding journal entries.
- Experience with multi-entity accounting structures.
- Able to work proficiently in Microsoft Word and Outlook programs with exceptional Excel skills a must.
- General knowledge of Sage Timberline, Concur, and Office products helpful
- Excellent organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet timelines and work on a multitude of projects at one time.
- Adaptable to fast paced work environment.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity both in and out of work environment.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702