Bus Mechanic Helper
Located in Texarkana, AR
Salary: UP to 14.00
Assist in assigned department with a variety of duties to include general cleaning of facilities, equipment, and vehicles, moving of equipment and school buses, assisting with general maintenance of all vehicles, substitute bus driving, trip driving, and other general duties as assigned.
Class B - COL with airbrake, passenger, and S endorsement Ability to pass physical, drug, and alcohol tests
Must pass criminal history check
Must have acceptable driving record
Must obtain and maintain bus driver certification Must be 21 years of age or older
Ability to read and understand written instructions Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to operate all district vehicles
Ability and willingness to follow district policy Ability to maintain student discipline on the bus
The Board may find appropriate and acceptable alternatives to the above qualifications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain professional behavior, appearance, and work ethic to represent the school district in a positive manner at all time
- 2. Articulate a positive image of the school district and school district pers
- Demonstrate effective customer service strategies to all district patrons.
- Service all district vehicles (trucks, vans, and buses) including fueling, washing, fluid check, and tire check.
- Perform light mechanical work including oil changes, brake jobs, tire changing and repair, and tune-ups.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly shop area and fuel island, including sweeping and taking out garbage. 8. Clean buses to include glass, lights, mirrors, exterior, and interior as necessary.
- 7. Ability to move and deliver buses.
- Perform minor building and equipment repairs and report major repair needs to supervisor. 11. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
- 10. Transport workers and equipment to work sites throughout the district.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately. IS. Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed. EQUIPMENT USED:
- Buses, vans, trucks, mowers, tractors
- 16. Other duties as assigned.
- 14. Help keep vehicles, equipment, and tools in a safe operating condition.
Excellent Benefits and Pay!!!
Express Office: Texarkana
3206 Jefferson Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854