Located in atascadero, CA
- Performs various accounting tasks, with emphasis on review and payment of invoices, and ensuring proper documentation for audits. Provides other duties to support the Purchase of Services (POS) accounting team and Department of Finance & Administration
- Process electronic bills on a daily basis. Prepare and key paper vendor invoices for payment.
- Access electronic bills directly on line to verify compliance with required back-up. Sort and distribute to accounting staff.
- Run attendance reports for any pro-rated billings for residential facilities and calculate correct payment amount using DDS approved methodology.
- Contact providers for any reconciliation/back-up issues in a timely manner.
- Verify receipt and accuracy of parental verification forms for behavioral services. Adjust invoices as appropriate and follow up with vendor on any discrepancies. (Learn and be a backup)
- Reconcile invoices to edit & posting reports.
- Research & reconcile vendor payments. Research IHSS reversals.
- Provide assistance to vendors / service coordinators.
- Assist with yearly independent audit.
- Assists in all POS mailings.
- Match and file invoices after each check run.
- Process P&L payments monthly.
- Process death certificate payments, as needed.
- Ensure proper audit trail is maintained.
- Performs work in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, and with policies and procedures.
- Month end processing.
- Accounting calendar.
- Requests for additional bills.
- Process Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment (SSI/SSP) invoices.
- Generate daily invoices.
- Reissue voided checks.
- Backup for printing and sorting invoices.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of some college level courses in accounting, business, economics, math or finance.
- 3 years accounts payable or other general accounting experience.
- Data entry, Word, Excel, email and computerized accounting experience
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of an automobile, computer, and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and
regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The use of an automobile and the ability to drive is absolutely required on a daily basis. The ability to stand, sit or walk for moderate distances on uneven terrain is also required on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and ability to apply these in the work performed.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action. Problem solving experience.
- Successful and timely management of multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Knowledge of monitoring and tracking methods and ability to apply these to work performed.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Communicates with respect, openly, directly and effectively. Responds professionally.
- Positive and responsive attitude.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of different people. Team player.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Takes initiative to learn new procedures, computer systems and accounting processes.
- 10-key by touch
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Excel, Word, e-mail, Internet and accounting software.
- must be bilingual English/Spanish
Positions available in Atascadero , San Luis Obispo , Santa Maria and Santa Barbara.
$3000.00 to $6000.00 sign on Bonus.
temp to hire
Express Office: Arroyo Grande
260 South Halcyon Road
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420