Coordinating Center Associate
Located in Unincorporated, WV
Salary: $15 hourly
Do you have medical call center experience? We are hiring for United BioSource Corporation. This company helps patients get access to life saving prescription drugs by working with medical providers pharmacies and patients. In this role you would work largely preparing documents and handling some in and outbound calls with the goal in mind to connect patients and the necessary medications as well as track any drug interactions. This position is supporting remote work temporarily and equipment will be provided to you; however, candidates must be local to the Morgantown area as the position will eventually require returning to working in person!
The schedule will be Monday through Friday, with shifts that could vary between 8am to 8pm. Candidates must be able to work during any of those scheduled hours.
Computer and phone will be provided to you for working from home but you will need a quiet private space to work in as well as internet. Candidates with call center experience or centralized scheduling (with heavy call volume) experience often do well in this role since the position is primarily technology-based at this time. Compensation will be $15.00 hourly with a competitive benefits package available after the probationary period.
Specific Job Duties:
- Handle inbound and outbound contacts from various sources (patients, healthcare providers, etc.) related to a specific and/or multiple UBC programs, as applicable.
- Provide consistent customer service support to all stakeholders for the assigned program(s).
- Working knowledge of program guidelines, medication, or disease being referenced in call scripts.
- Conduct communication through various channels (phone, fax, email) to retrieve data or to address discrepancies in data received.
- Complete full follow-up with regards to missing information from stakeholders, including data entry process, as applicable, documentation, and safety reporting per program guidelines.
- Apply corrections and/or updates in the secured program applications and/or CTMS and appropriate documents, which have been identified through data verification or follow-up calls.
- Responsible for ensuring all program compliance duties (including re-education of stakeholders, documentation of non-compliant event, review of alerts/reminders, and healthcare provider follow-up) are completed.
- Review documents for program standards and take appropriate action.
- Ensure data entry, filing, and data confirmation are completed accurately and in a timely manner, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Associate Program Manager, Associate Manager, Coordinating Center, and/or Senior Manager, Coordinating Center and as determined by UBC SOPs.
Qualified Candidates Should:
- High School Graduate; some college preferred
- Customer service experience required
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in a medical setting
- Proficient in multitasking and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with personal computers including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on complex programs or multiple programs at the same time requiring critical thought processing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that could include 24/7 on call coverage shifts
If you are interested in this role, please call (304) 381-4466 or email resume to email@example.com.
Express Employment Professionals is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Express Office: Morgantown
3000 Coombs Farm Drive
Morgantown, WV 26508