Located in Yorkville, NY
Salary: $16 - $18
A local paper company in Yorkville is looking for a Binder Operator to become a part of their team.
Job Summary: Performs manual and small machine operator task related to the bindery.
· Make sure finished book size is correct
· Check finished book for any missed bleeds
· Check that finished book opens, head, foot and front
· Check page sequence before starting run
· Check adhesion of cover to text
· Check for proper mill and notching depth
· Make sure glue thickness is correct
· Must be able to set up pockets for CD’s, B.R.C. cards, tabs and maps
· Know how to make minor repairs and adjustments
· Make sure correct number of samples are provided
Job Requirements: Ability to read and understand written instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity. Ability to apply written instructions to machine set up. Knowledge of binding operations. Knowledge of the operation and function of the other bindery equipment and machinery. Good manual dexterity.
· Good general physical condition, able to lift 50 lbs.
· Good Math and Reading skills
· Requires long periods of standing bending and lifting
· Flexible schedule, able to work overtime and weekends
· Good communication skills
· Previous experience is a plus
Hours: Monday - Friday; 7:00AM to 3:00PM
Pay: $16 to 18/hr DOE
Please visit www.ExpressMohawkValley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at (315)790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502