Located in Morgantown, WV
Salary: up to $27.00 hourly
Our client, an electrical contractor specializing in the power and coal industries, is currently hiring Journeyman Electricians. This full time role offers a starting salary of up to $55,000, health insurance, 401K and paid time off.
The qualified applicants will be responsible for preventive maintenance, installation, and repair of electrical/mechanical building systems equipment. The successful candidate possesses the following skills/experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of field electrical experience performing preventive maintenance on commercial and industrial electrical components
- Minimum 2 years of field experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical components up to and including 480 VAC 3 phase systems
- Maintain electrical wiring system and components in accordance with the provisions of the National Electrical Code and Industry Standards
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Diagnose causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment, and systems used in the electrical trade
- Inspect electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs, and recommending preventive maintenance actions
- Operate and use required tools and equipment skillfully and safely; assemble, install, maintain, and repair electrical apparatuses; make rough sketches; estimate cost, time, and materials of electrical work
- Inspect, troubleshoot, isolate and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
- Maintain, test, and repair electrical equipment for safety and efficiency; plan the layout and wiring of new or existing installations
- Fabricate electrical parts; inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements, and compliance with applicable exterior and interior safety codes and regulations
- Experience utilizing electrical schematics, diagrams, and specifications
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical load centers and distribution systems
- Analyze electrical plant operational characteristics and make recommendations to correct deficiencies and respond safely and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing required.
For consideration for this role, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (304) 381-4466
Express Employment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Express Office: Morgantown
3000 Coombs Farm Drive
Morgantown, WV 26508