Field Service Technician - Up to $35
Located in Rochester Hills, MI
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 per hour
The Field Service Technician will provide a professional level of field service technical support. Under minimal supervision, this person carries out engineering, analysis, and related duties involving the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and repair of company and/or customer products and equipment. This role offers excellent training and opportunities for advancement while working for a company that values people. We have a proud history of creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology. We collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science and Commercial Vehicles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Field Service Technician supports and guides the development and submission of proposals, including setting cadence, writing assignments, and final review.
- Understands and properly performs all mechanical and electronic adjustments on equipment.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues; determines appropriate solutions and performs electrical, electronic, and mechanical repairs to complex machinery and Equipment.
- Reads, understands, and interprets mechanical, electrical, pneumatic drawing, schematics, and diagrams.
- Provide Start-up assistance for new equipment being installed at customer and home sites.
- Acts as a liaison for customer personnel resolving issues and providing support for all routine issues.
- Display positive interpersonal skills in customer and team interactions
- Models positive relations and teamwork within the organization.
- Follows all company and customer safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Follows proper operating procedures and maintains proper records in accordance within plant management system.
- Keeps work area clean and organized to ensure safety and environmental compliance.
- Communicates unusual customer situations to a higher level.
- Possesses and applies in-depth knowledge of die and automation design and field application.
- Attends customer site reviews to gather press and process information and provide guidance in meeting internal and external customer specifications and standards.
- Works closely with designers to produce robust automation design that fit within the customer’s parameters and limits of product line.
- Support sales in the identification and analysis of potential customer projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Travel upon request - 25% to 75% of time involving overnight stays
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years of related hands-on experience.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Project, Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to lead process and improvement changes – including Lean metrics and ISO processes.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills- both written and verbal.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Proficiency with ERP systems a plus –including ability to enter and manage customer orders inside of Vantage)
- Valid driver's license required
Full-Time | Contract | Contract to Hire
Pay: $30.00 to $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 5:00 pm
If you are qualified and interested in the Field Service Technician opportunity, please submit your current resume to Gary.Thomas@ExpressPros.com
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307