Senior Technical Advisor (Plumbing and HVAC)
Located in Auburn Hills, MI
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Senior Technical Advisor (Plumbing/HVAC)
Since our humble beginnings over 30 years ago, our company has been committed to providing the plumbing industry with unrivaled service and performance. A large part of that commitment has been the believe that our people make the difference.
Our team is filled with unique and talented people that have different backgrounds and perspectives, with each bringing their personal brand of enthusiasm and passion. We are a fast paced, service-oriented manufacturing and distribution company located in Auburn Hills, MI and Reno, NV.
The Senior Technical Advisor role in Auburn Hills is the result of our company’s growth and need to build our existing capabilities. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person who wants to grow and leverage their plumbing and HVAC experiences into a wonderful career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO (Responsibilities, Duties, and Functions):
- Oversee all aspects of product quality control to include testing of prototypes, alleged field failures, and inbound shipments.
- Develop processes and procedures for improved efficiency and accuracy of product testing.
- Oversee all aspects of our laboratory to include maintenance and operation of all lab equipment and tools while maintaining cleanliness and organizational structure in order to conduct tours and training of customers and outside visitors.
- Source and procure equipment to enhance testing capabilities and work with outside laboratories for additional testing capability, as necessary.
- Work with our suppliers, partner factories and Claims Department to develop testing protocols for identification of product issues and new product capabilities.
- Prepare reports and structure of test results for use by both internal departments and customers.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude.
- Must have familiarity and experience in general plumbing.
- 3 to 5 years of technical related experience in residential/light commercial plumbing and/or hydronic heating markets.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in applications, installation, project design, or product development in residential / light commercial plumbing and/or radiant heating markets.
- Experience with equipment or products used in flow, temperature, and pressure applications or measurement.
- Contractor background is a plus.
- Mechanically inclined / hands-on
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer focus
- Team Player
- Judgment/ Decision Making
- BS Engineering (preferred but not required).
- $70,000 - $85,000, depending upon experience.
- M-F. (hours vary depending upon shifts)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Auburn Hills, MI.
If you are interested and qualified in the Inside Sales Manager role, please submit your updated resume to Gary.Thomas@expresspros.com
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307