CNC Apprenticeship Program
Located in Waseca, MN
CNC Apprenticeship- Direct Hire Opportunity
$18.48 an hour while in the class
The apprenticeship program is an in-house paid training program. The CNC Apprenticeship Program is modeled after NIMS (National Institute of Metal Working Skills) certifications program. Apprentices are provided onsite classroom training and on the job training. NIMS certifications are earned through competency-based skill assessments/exams. This phase of the training can last up to 4-5 months. Upon completion of the classroom training, participants typically convert to regular full time Machine Operators. This phase of the training can take up to 18-24 months. Promotion to CNC Machinist may be awarded after further proficiency is demonstrated.
Throughout the program, apprentice performance is reviewed regularly, and periodic meetings are scheduled with the apprentice, Program Trainer, Human Resources, Production Manager, Production Supervisor and Machine Shop Team Lead to gather feedback and assess participation experience.
Successful candidates submitted for consideration will be vetted to meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, however, not required.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical Aptitude: An inclination towards, talent, and/or capacity for learning, understanding and using machines and tools.
- Detail Oriented: Has an orientation towards and preference for working with detailed information.
- Teachable: Able and willing to learn. Receptive to performance feedback and applies learning from the feedback received throughout the entire apprenticeship program.
- Performance on The Job: In past positions (and/or school), regardless of the position or industry, has demonstrated excellent performance.
- Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential function of every job classification and assumes that all associates intend to come to work when scheduled.
- Attitude: Is optimistic and finds ways of looking for the positive in situations.
- Two Professional References supporting the candidate experience as described above.
Express Office: Owatonna
812 South Elm Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060