Maintenance Technician I
Located in Killeen, TX
Salary: $16.64-$20.69 DOE
The Maintenance Technician I performs construction, repair, and maintenance work on sewer and water lines; operates equipment and performs extensive manual labor; reads meters; performs related work as required.
Job Duties of the Maintenance Technician I:
- Operates a jackhammer, lawn mower, power saw, tapping machine, chain saw, hand tools, light trucks, and assists vactor truck.
- Performs preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Performs minor painting, plumbing, and maintenance.
- Cleans and stocks the truck.
- Loads and unloads various materials; performs yard clean-up and all other duties assigned.
- Assists in installing water and sewer lines.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Exhibits company Core Values.
- Works effectively with other employees to repair or replace water or sewer service lines water or sewer mains.
- Makes water and sewer taps; unstops sewer lines; installs two-way clean-outs in sewer service lines.
- Sets up barricades when required to protect employees and the public.
- Reads, understands, and follows written and oral job instruction (English).
Skills and Experience of the Maintenance Technician I:
- Knowledge of repair methods used in water distribution/wastewater collection systems; knowledge of applicable safety procedures and practices.
- Performing work requiring strength and agility in all weather conditions.
- Lifting heavy objects.
- preventative and minor maintenance repair on tools and equipment.
- operating the assigned equipment; skill in using hand tools to perform manual labor tasks.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in performing construction work requiring the use of equipment similar to or the same as assigned to this position.
Required Education, Degrees, Certificates and/or Licenses:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Drivers License with clean MVR
- Must be able to obtain Texas CDL within six (6) months from date of hire as full time employee and company will assist with this process as well as certifications listed below.
- Must be able to obtain a Texas Grade “D” Wastewater Treatment and Collections I Certifications within one (1) year from date of employment, must be able to obtain Texas "C" Wastewater Treatment Certification within three (3) years from date of employment, and must be able to obtain Texas Class III Wastewater Collection license or Texas “B” Wastewater Treatment Certification within five (5) years six (6) months from date of employment.
Ranges from 6am-3pm, 7am-4pm or 8am to 5pm according to weather conditions.
*Must be available for on call work*
$16.64-$20.69 Hour DOE
In addition to submitting your online application resumes in Microsoft Word format can be submitted to:
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501