Located in Minden, LA
Drives and operates a forklift to move telecommunications shelters, prison modules and other building units within the facility. Responsible for directing movements of the straddle lift.
- Operates forklift for building movement on company grounds.
- Drives a truck on company grounds to move buildings from one location to another.
- Hooks and unhooks cables to buildings.
- Re-rigs straddle lift.
- Communicates with spotter or forklift operator via 2-way radio for moving buildings.
- Ensures that all bolts used in lifting are torqued to the proper degree.
- Spots buildings. Ensures that all personnel are clear of straddle lift when buildings are being lifted, transported, or placed.
- Aids in directing the straddle lift operator when buildings are being lifted, transported, or placed.
- Place’s foam pieces on trailer for buildings to rest upon.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to read, comprehend and assimilate information.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory working relationships and interact effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of trade secrets.
Job requires wearing personal protective equipment, such as protective eyewear and steel-toed boots. Exposed to seasonal temperatures throughout the year.
Job requires working for long periods of time in a seated position while operating forklift or truck. Also requires ascending and descending from forklift/truck. Job requires working for extended periods of time in a standing position while spotting and directing straddle lift operations. Job requires stooping or crouching when securing lifting materials and re-rigging straddle lift. Requires frequent lifting (five to twelve times a day) of up to 50 lbs. when moving/adjusting cables and rigging. Job requires walking considerable distances when directing and spotting straddle lift operations.
Job requires good visual acuity in proper building placement. Agility and dexterity are highly important to the success of the job. Job requires good verbal communication via radio. Also requires good listening ability when operating forklift and directing straddle lift operations.
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105