Sr. Design Engineer - Great Role at Small Industrial Manufacturer
Located in Troy, MI
Salary: commensurate upon experience
Serving diverse industries, our company prides itself in its ability to assess the application needs of its customers and provide innovative solutions. Recognized for expertise in self-lubricating plane bearing technologies, we have developed many maintenance free solutions for today's flexible manufacturing environment.
We produce standard components for locating, clamping, sliding, lifting, ejecting, transporting, stopping and rotating applications. The modular nature of our products enables the adaptation of our components to a wide range of applications.
We are designers, builders, and manufacturers.
We are seeking mid-level to senior-level Design Engineer to join our small team. Our existing engineer is moving on after 22 years with the company. This role not only includes design, but also prototyping, testing and help with manufacturing. It’s very hands-on. If you like fixing things, troubleshooting and working in a “machine shop” feeling environment, you will love it here. No big company politics and processes.
We seek a highly creative person with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will develop new products, bring new ideas and have the ability to work on many things. You will improve existing products and creativity will be required to design custom products for our customers.
This is a dream job for the right person! You will have freedom in this role. Freedom invent. Freedom to innovate. Freedom to fail. Freedom to pursue many different activities. You will be hands on. You won’t just design . . . you will see it all the through to manufacturing and beyond.
Being a company with 50 employees, we move fast and decisions are made quickly. To succeed in our environment, you will need to be self-driven, independent, and able to work with very little oversight and daily direction. You will also need to work well with others. This is a great company, a great role . . . and it pays very well.
- Minimum 8 years related experience in an engineering/product development role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in engineering preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
- Possess a creative mindset, innovative focus, and the ability to envision ideas into practical solutions.
- Experience in manufacturing processes. Strong understanding of automated assembly operations a plus.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the engineering field such as: APQP, FMEA, VA/VE.
- Electro-mechanical and controls experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of CAD modeling, drafting and machine design. Autodesk Inventor preferred.
- Strong creative, analytical, decision making, and problem-solving ability.
- FEA experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Office applications. Mathcad a plus.
- Effective documentation, presentation, and composition skills.
- Good project management skills.
RESPONSILITIES, DUTIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the conceptual and detailed design of industrial automation components. This includes the development of new products and improvements (cost, quality, performance) to existing products.
- Create CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials to support manufacturing and assembly.
- Plan product validation and verification activities, including prototyping and testing.
- Develop customer-driven solutions by way of customization of existing products through working with Sales and customers.
- Support the creation of technical product documentation.
- Provide technical support as needed to customers, Sales, and Manufacturing.
- Perform additional duties as required to assist customers and contribute to the business.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
This position will work out of Troy, Michigan.
* Open to a hybrid on-site / remote working arrangement ( 50% / 50% )
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
If you are interested and qualified in the Sr. Design Engineer role, please submit an updated copy of your resume for consideration: Gary.Thomas@expresspros.com
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307