Located in New Orleans, LA
The Custodial Worker performs the daily cleaning of facilities, grounds, and equipment for their downtown location. This is an Essential Personnel position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies and can be designated by the supervisor as essential for accomplishing work or for completing a critical task.
- Responsible for the detailed cleaning of offices, classrooms, public restrooms, and labs.
- Responsible for the daily scripted work and periodic maintenance assignments from the Assistant Manager of Facilities Services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 45 lbs. up and down stairs and throughout the work area
- Ability to operate commercial cleaning machinery, including but not limited to rotary buffers, vacuum cleaners
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions with simple diagrams
- Ability to work independently and perform well with group-assigned tasks
- Good communications and personal relations skills
- Cleaning/custodial experience is required
Express Office: New Orleans
1000 South Norman C Francis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125