Located in Eureka, CA
Salary: $19.00 - $22.00
Express needs a Payroll Specialist for a local government agency. This is a 90-day TEMPORARY position with the option to apply for a permanent position within the agency. Foot-in-the-door opportunity!
- Audit timesheets per CA Labor Law
- Calculate payroll corrections and retroactive adjustments
- Provide support and customer services related to payroll
- Update entries in a specialized software system for various payroll-related functions
- Other payroll-related support tasks as needed
- Microsoft Office Suite
What we look for in a Payroll Specialist
- Data entry skills (8000 KPH or higher)
- Experience applying California
- Ability to quickly learn an automated payroll system
- People skills for providing technical support to employees with the timekeeping system
- Payroll experience, preferable in an organization with 100+ employees
- Experience tracking accrued and used leave
- General administrative experience
We have the opportunity to hire either entry-level Fiscal Assistants ($15 to $16/hr) to more intermediate/advanced Analysts ($21-25/hr). Job duties will become more complex as needed if higher-level candidates are available for the office.
If hired on to the client at the end of the contract term, you will have access to an excellent benefits package with extensive paid time off, medical, dental, life, and other benefits.
- Complete an application on the ExpressJobs App (App Store or Google Play) or
- Complete an application online at expresspros.com/eurekaca or
- Send us a resume (Word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call us at (707) 268-1866 to do a phone interview today!
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.
In compliance with applicable federal, state/province, and local law, employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and an individual’s qualifications regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and expect that our employees and associates will cooperate in maintaining an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.
Express Office: Eureka
14 West Wabash Avenue
Eureka, CA 95501