Warehouse Assistant- Direct Hire
Located in Spartanburg, SC
Our client in Spartanburg, SC has a need for a Warehouse Assistant. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
The Warehouse Assistant works with the Distribution Manager processing spare parts sales orders and assists with warehouse and inventory management. In fulfilment of these responsibilities, the Warehouse Assistant regularly coordinates with Accounting, Purchasing, and Technical Service departments. The Warehouse Assistant always presents themselves in a professional and courteous manner. Training will be provided as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous warehouse experience
- Forklift (sitdown) experience
- Ability to lift 40lbs without assistance
To perform this job successfully, the Warehouse Assistant must be proficient in the basic use of Microsoft Outlook and Excel, UPS Worldship and inventory management software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the receiving of shipments from supplies
- Stocks spare parts
- Assists with annual physical inventory counts
- Picking, packing, and shipping spare parts sales orders
- Responds to customers'' inquiries related to quotations, stock check and delivery, and order status
- Identifies specialized or complicated quotation issues and refers them to Purchasing
- Notifies supervisor of stock irregularities (stock-outs, spikes in demand, urgent expedites) and order change requests
TO perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All customer or supplier interactions must be managed with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
Monday thru Friday, 8am- 5pm
$15- $18 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Medical (employee''s premium paid by client- 30 day waiting period)
Dental (employee''s premium paid by client- 30 day waiting period)
Life (employee''s premium paid by client)
Short-term Disability (employee''s premium paid by client)
Long-term Disability (employee''s premium paid by client)
401K- (3 month waiting period- company will match $.50 for every dollar...up to 6%)
Holidays observed: New Years, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas eve and Christmas day
Express Office: Spartanburg
245 East Blackstock Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301