Located in Portland, ME
Salary: $20.00 p/hour
Open Freight Coordinator positions with great benefits!
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonus
Hours: 8:45am - 5:15pm, Monday - Friday - NO WEEKENDS!!!
Pay: $20.00 p/hour
The Freight Coordinator is an office-based position
We’re an international freight agent, with our own branches in UK and USA. We are an ever-growing company that is seeking three new Freight Coordinators who can learn what we do, and who can then look after customer needs once that learning is adequate. The environment here is friendly and informal, but busy. We deliver a highly professional service to our loyal clientele.
Freight Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Sole responsibility for certain key accounts. This entails acquiring relevant knowledge of your accounts’ business, their procedures, and requirements. You are encouraged to develop a close working relationship with main contacts at your accounts.
- We constantly strive to provide the very best service in the industry, so your attention in this area is essential for the company’s goals. You will be handling predominantly imports and some exports.
- General customer service duties, e.g. taking calls; contacting customers to informed of relevant shipments; sending/receiving faxes, emails, post
- File-keeping (on customers and on specific shipments)
- Liaising with overseas partners by email, fax, phone
- Liaising with carriers, haulers, and other freight agents by email, fax, phone
- There is certainly room for advancement for persons willing to cultivate their potential here!
- Other duties as assigned
- All above to be done under guidance of Supervisor until proper training is complete
Ideal Freight Coordinator Candidate would:
- Be self-motivated
- Have a good eye for detail and organization
- Be friendly
- Be able to work in teams and alone
- Have office experience
- Phone and writing skills
- Microsoft Office experience
Express Office: Portland
49 Dartmouth Street
Portland, ME 04101