Located in Utica, NY
Assist business by overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the organization. They review services and goods, record data, and make recommendations about cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options.
Annual salary $65,000-$95,000 DOE
- Develop cost standards for materials and labor.
- Design and implementing cost accounting systems.
- Analyze production costs and recommending changes.
- Oversee annual physical inventory.
Duties to include:
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information
- Set up new raw material, packaging; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in current and new product layouts.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Develop standard costs, including labor and overhead rates each new year, based on budget
- Review and analyze actual production cost vs. budget/standard and recommending changes/improvements
- Analyze inventory and recommending reserves and corrective actions
Bachelor''s degree with an emphasis on Accounting
Proficient with accounting software and data collection and analysis tools.
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502