Patient Access Rep
Located in Bend, OR, OR
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE
DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY: The Patient Access Department registers and schedules all patients for medical services as ordered by their physician, obtaining all key information required to bill for services provided. Our goal is to provide professional, accurate and timely service within all aspects of registration and scheduling.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Registers all patients for medical services as ordered by their physician. Provides professional, accurate and timely service within all Admitting functions. This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, provide attention to detail, complete accurate data entry in a fast paced environment with multiple distractions.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Ability to work with patients and/or family members who may be experiencing multiple different emotions.
- Excellent Verbal, Written and communication skills. Functions as a patient representative during registration/interview process.
- Must demonstrate the ability to select the correct insurance plan, send and review eligibility responses.
- Basic understanding of Medicare and Medicaid requirements.
- Has a clear understanding of how to accurately select the correct patient and accurately assign an encounter number.
- Ability to work in multiple computer programs as required.
- Assists professional staff as requested.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Perform other clerical or support duties as needed.
CALL NATASHA NOW 541-389-1505
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702