Located in Sarnia, ON
A Sarnia plant is hiring Operator/Packagers for an evaluation hire position. With good performance this position could turn into a long-term role.
- Operating and monitoring the plant
- Learning all unit operations within the facility
- Identifying and reporting plant-related issues to the Shift Coordinator
- Obtaining process samples and analyzing using laboratory equipment
- Performing some 1st level maintenance on equipment
- Preparing equipment for maintenance to efficiently turnaround in planned and unplanned shutdowns
- Following the 5S principles of the plant
- Working with Engineering to troubleshoot and continuously improve process performance
- Ensuring accurate and up to date record keeping and log entries to aid in monitoring and troubleshooting production performance
- Plant Operator should have either a college diploma in Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology, or related diploma, or 2+ years of operational experience in other production facilities utilizing large scale pumps, heat exchangers and vessels
- At least two years of operational experience in other production facilities utilizing large scale pumps, heat exchangers, and vessels
- Proven mechanical aptitude
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, our client has gone to great lengths to prioritize the safety and well-being of its employees. In line with Government guidance, the company has introduced processes to allow it to best manage social distancing, sanitization, and other requirements to protect the safety of our workforce.
Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the employer.
Ways to apply:
Benefits available to Express associates:
- Medical benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Reward programs
- Career training and development resources
- Scholarship program
- National retailer discounts
About Express Employment Professionals:
Founded in 1983, Express today employs more than 550,000 people across over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal of putting a million people to work is at the heart of our company's vision: to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. The Sarnia Express Employment Professionals franchise began operation in 2006 and serves Sarnia-Lambton and surrounding areas with temporary staffing, contract workers, and direct hire placement in a variety of fields, including professional, skilled trades, office services, and light industrial. Our ISO certified office has grown steadily, placing more than 6,000 people with local businesses at no cost to job seekers. Express is proud to be a Certified Military Friendly Employer through Canada Company and to have received ClearlyRated's 2020 Best of Staffing Client and Talent awards based on the satisfaction of our clients and associates.
To keep up with our open jobs, download the ExpressJobs app: www.expresspros.com/expressjobs, visit our website: www.expresspros.com/sarniaon, and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/expresssarnia, Twitter: www.twitter.com/expresssarnia, LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/expresssarnia, and Instagram: www.instagram.com/expresssarnia
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com/sarniaon/job-openings.aspx
Express Office: Sarnia
347 Christina Street North
Sarnia, ON N7T 5V6