Plate Process Operator
Located in Eugene, OR
This position deals with heavy equipment, is focused on innovation, and continuously developing new machines for the forestry and recycling markets. The equipment includes, but is not limited to; horizontal grinders, disc and drum chippers, infield chain flail debarkers, blower trucks, etc. Perform complex multi-machine operation processes for steel fabrication supporting the manufacture of heavy equipment. Set up and operate complex equipment or production processes such as press brake 1250t-330t, burn tables/plasma cutting machines, hydraulic cutting saws, mills, drills, cutting torches to cut, bend, form, and clean production parts for steel fabrication.. Provide the first level of troubleshooting or corrective action to bring processes back within control parameters. Must be able to communicate process data to engineers, technicians, and supervisors verbally and in writing and operate multiple processes/equipment sets.
• Minimum 3 yrs. experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 3 yrs. knowledge of and experience working with steel.
• Must be able to accurately read and interpret a tape measure, blueprints, and precision measurement tools and bills of material (BOM’s).
• Overhead and Jib crane experience preferred but not required.
• Fork lift, layout, drilling and light welding previous experience preferred but not required. • Ability to apply concepts such as basic math skills, fractions, micrometers, percentages, ratios, proportions to practical situations, and able to convert decimals into inches.
• Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
Express Office: Eugene
Eugene, OR 97402