Human Resources Director
Located in Utica, NY
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and managing all Human Resource activities.
Essential Job Functions of this position are:
- Manages the employee relations function by developing, recommending and promoting human resources’ policies, programs and practices that are fair, consistent, equitable, and cost effective.
- Advises and guides all levels of management on the interpretation of personnel policies and union contracts, compliance with government regulations and guidelines, recruitment, employee selection, staff development and promotion, compensation and benefits programs and termination of employees.
- Directs recruitment, selection, referral for placement and orientation of employees.
- Manages employee benefits program, including pension plan, medical, dental, disability, flexible spending benefits and other related employee welfare plans.
- Manages salary administration including performance management/appraisal program, incentive plans, wage schedules, wage/salary adjustments, new hire wage rates, preparation of job descriptions.
- Directs, manages and investigates all employee grievances/complaints, employee suspensions and terminations; and conducts hearings and/or final reviews regarding the same.
- Evaluates and recommends employment, salary administration and benefits programs by keeping informed of trends, new developments, legal statutes and cost containment strategies.
- Negotiates contracts with various human resources vendors, i.e., employment agencies, benefit plan administrators, insurance carriers, etc.
- Establishes procedures and manages human resources information reporting systems in support of employment, benefits and salary administration, and staff planning.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Human Resource Management, Labor Relations or related field.
- Five or more years of experience as a Director of Human Resources required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position is $75,000-110,000+ DOE
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal and holiday)
- 403b with employer contribution
- Life insurance/AD&D
- Employee on-site wellness program
- Health, Vision, & Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Pre-employment process includes a drug screen and background check.
Due to the nature of this position, certain immunizations are required.
Please visit www.expressmohawkvalley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at 315-790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502