Express Employment is seeking Certified Welding Inspector to join a fast-growing company here in Lincoln. This is a safe, clean, manufacturing environment. Pay is up to $25.00 hr.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
- CWI License must be current
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Attention to Detail
- Must possess resourcefulness, initiative, and skill to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism
and the ability to interact effectively with others.
If you are interested in this position please apply at www.expresspros.com/apply and give us a call at 402-420-5800