Located in Buffalo, NY
Salary: $66-95K a year
Express Employment Professionals are seeking an Automation Engineer for a Medical Product Manufacturing company in the Buffalo, NY AREA.
1ST SHIFT: 7AM-330PM
Pay Rate: 66-95K a year
Apply knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering theory and methods to the design of automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control by performing the following duties.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of control systems and components, equipment, and machinery.
- May be responsible for the installation and operational qualification of tool/jig, equipment, control system, PLC based hardware and software plus all associated documentation at all facility locations.
- May use computer-assisted engineering, design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Applies principles and techniques of electrical/mechanical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains products/equipment.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the project needs
- Provides daily maintenance in specialized areas that require a multi-disciplinary base of technical understanding for complex troubleshooting, modification, assembly and/or testing.
- Communicates with Plant Engineering Manager to gain approval/escalate necessary changes for plant maintenance.
- Following all rules, regulations and procedures set forth in the safety manual.
- Promoting safety awareness throughout the workplace.
- Alerting supervisors to any safety hazards they discover.
- Wearing appropriate, proper protective equipment whenever required.
- Using guards on tools and machinery whenever required.
- Following proper lifting techniques using legs and not the back.
- Operating any vehicles, equipment, tools or machines only if they are authorized to do so.
- Reporting any injury or loss immediately to the supervisor/team lead.
- Promoting a positive attitude about safety and never performing any unsafe practice that could place the employee or others in danger.
- Providing information to his/her immediate supervisor if a better and safer procedure can be implemented in performing any operation.
- Assure when designing or modifying equipment/workstations that ergonomics and safety are reviewed and work to minimize hazards through engineering controls, administrative controls and lastly personal protective equipment.
- Assure Job Hazard and Equipment Hazard Analysis are completed timely as required per MNG.008.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Familiar with a variety of electrical and control system concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiar with medical device equipment design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- PLC knowledge as well as Robotics training a plus.
- Proficient in Solidworks or another type of design software (ACAD, Pro-E, etc.)
- Equipment/system design (mechanical and electrical)
- Hands on ability (basic electro-mechanical, wiring, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 4+ years related experience in the field or in a related field.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Express Employment Professionals
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226
Express Office: Buffalo
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226