Production Control Assistant
Located in Union Grove, WI
Express Employment is seeking a Production Control Assistant
Performs routine clerical work in accordance with specified procedures and instructions. Processes and duplicates production work orders and route tickets. May issue orders in conformance with release dates. Maintains miscellaneous production records e.g. material inventory controls, order changes, cancellations, rush items, order status data, etc. Posts miscellaneous production data to records e.g. number of pieces produced, order balances and close out completed orders.
· Maintains manual/computerized records and files.
· Monitors level of inventory on hand.
· Prints and uses blue prints from available sources to determine correct routings.
· Creates reports using excel for purchasing and production control department.
· Communicates with various departments, functions, and suppliers regarding priority, production status and delivery information.
· Back-up for Production Control Coordinator II.
· Communicates with co-workers regarding production runs.
· Works with company to identify, reduce, eliminate waste and lower costs
· Works in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure personal safety as well as safety of co-workers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of 1 year experience in Manufacturing Environment.
· Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· Positive “can do” attitude, professional demeanor, performance oriented, and strong customer focus.
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to follow and perform off of verbal instructions as well as read/write in English. Ability to read specifications, route sheets, blueprints, charts, test information and bills of material.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Solid basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, ratios)
Required to bend and lift at the knees, stand, climb stairs, stoop and reach above and below waist and shoulders, frequently twist at waist and shoulder levels, sitting for long periods of time, talk, hear, type, use hands to handle/grasp/touch and use phone. Ability to lift up to 40lbs. Capable of wearing safety glasses with permanent side shields, capable of wearing steel-toed safety shoes and other PPE as required on the shop floor.
Express Office: Racine
1300 South Green Bay Road
Racine, WI 53406