Located in Buffalo, NY
Express Employment Professionals are seeking Welders for a company that to providing the highest level of quality in customized scrap recycling equipment solutions and support.
1st Shift: 7am-3:30pm
Pay Rate: $22.77/HR
SUMMARY: This position uses specialized equipment to "weld" or join together metals and cut or trim metal objects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: A representative summary of tasks to be performed is provided below. The employee may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values, and operating principles of Wendt Corporation.
- Perform tasks for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using various types of welding arcs.
- Safely operate equipment, look out for the safety of others at all times.
- Has an assortment of personal tools of the trade and utilizes them along with company provided tools.
- Safely operate forklifts, jibs, and overhead cranes to move and position materials into and around work area.
- Identify fault in equipment or in relation to any material or equipment.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, bolt, or grind parts to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product.
- Control the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrink of spare parts.
- Examine finished products and spare parts and compare them with blueprint and/or samples to ensure specifications are met.
- Prepare and set up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipment.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, FCAW or other welding equipment.
- Cut work-piece using powered saws, hand shears, or cutoff wheel.
- Repair equipment or fabrications.
- Determine required equipment to weld, pre-heat, and inspect work.
- Inspect fit-up prior to welding.
- Remove rough spots from work-piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heat, form, and dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignite torch and adjust valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Suggest process and manufacturing method improvements.
- Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination equivalent to High School diploma or equivalent and three years of responsible metal fabrication experience, including one year of journey-level experience.
- Vocational school training.
- Basic computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Skill in laying out and welding in the shop.
- Thorough knowledge about welding methods and procedures to do the job.
- Knowledge about safety precautions and process while working.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand instructions.
- Attention to details and ability to understand and follow procedures.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Problem solving – Ability to identify problems and the solutions to them.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit resume for immediate consideration.
Express Employment Professionals
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226
Express Office: Buffalo
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226