Finished Carpenter - 1st (Job No. A198)
Located in Sidney, OH
CARPENTER | SIDNEY, OH
1ST SHIFT | $19-21/HR
Express Employment Professionals Sidney is now hiring a Craftsman for a in Sidney, OH!
- Set-up and operate woodworking equipment including, but not limited to miter saw, table saws, sanders, routers, planer, joiner, shaper, drill press and matte board cutter.
- Assembly all systems by reviewing designs, determining best process and schedule to insure on-time complete. Determine best process to take including which equipment to be used, application of specific adhesives and assembly of finished product.
- Order, receive, inspect and/or test incoming product or goods to verify compliance to specifications.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of necessary supplies to ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform finish work including painting, staining, and varnishing of products.
- Perform preventative maintenance on woodworking equipment and filter systems to ensure that equipment is operable at all times.
- Build wood creates of appropriate size to ship recognition products.
- Verify all finished products have been produced to customer''s specification.
- Apply and/or remove specific adhesives, magnetic backing and masking for all substrates and clean properly.
- Keep work area clean and organize.
- Follow established procedures and complete required forms.
- Maintain safe working environment.
- Ability to interpret and audit mechanicals and accurately competed required forms of the P3 process.
- Trains new woodworking employees and acts as resource for other employees, providing guiding and direction in woodworking and fabrication and assembly of recognition products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Knowledge of reading blueprints, mechanical and proofs.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics including fractions and decimals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills plus the ability to work successfully across and with different departments.
- Must possess current forklift operator''s license and have valid driver''s license.
- Must have basic woodworking skills or knowledge.
- Experienced with measuring equipment and instruments.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of production processes helpful.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Employee is required to regularly lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
**For an immediate phone interview, call 937-538-4250 to speak with a Recruiting Specialist.**
View a full list of our open positions HERE!
Have questions regarding this position? Contact Taylor at 937-538-4250 or send a resume to email@example.com.
Express Office: Sidney
1660 Gleason Street
Sidney, OH 45365