Located in Concord, ON
Currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for a Steel company in Concord, ON. You will be reporting directly to the Reliability Manager, is responsible for identifying and resolving control and drive system issues related to Process Control Systems and PLC programs.
- Performing engineering design according to all applicable codes, standards, and industry best practices and related duties; including power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor and/or equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, cable distribution design, motor schematics, single line diagrams, lighting design and wiring design.
- Coordinating project implementation with operations and maintenance while interfacing with electrical contractors, consulting engineers, and vendors.
- Gathering and completing all the information related to electrical components and systems containing PLC programs, drawings, etc.
- Managing cost, schedule, and scope of projects as well as prioritizing the ongoing activities.
- Participating in all reliability improvement activities.
- PLC programming as well as instrumentations setting up and configuration.
- Supporting major maintenance and CAPEX projects as well as long-range electrical maintenance planning and management.
- Constantly looking for continuous improvement opportunities while adhering to and promoting safe work practices.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and determining the stability within a controlling system (drive speed/ torque controller or any process control loop)
- Ensuring that documentation is current and reflects reality and is captured within the Maintenance Management system (i.e., MEX, other)
- Performing routine electrical repair items as required
- Must meet the physical demands of this position
- Other duties as assigned for which he/she has received required training, possesses qualifications and/or is considered competent
- Participating in plant safety, health, and environmental programs
- Report status and effectiveness, through on-going condition-based monitoring, the state of the equipment to proactively address issues at lowest cost possible
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the reliability manger.
- Electrical Engineering Degree (PEng or EIT) or Mechanical or related engineering field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing plant or related industrial environment
- Working knowledge in reading electrical control system schematics and or programming logic
- Minimum three (3) years Process Control Systems practical experience.
- Knowledge of related acts, guidelines, regulations and legislation and the PCS/SCADA Standards.
- Computer skills including skill in MS Office, Access, PLC and HMI programming
- Practical working knowledge of motor controls (A.C., D.C.), Motion servo controls, Allen-Bradley (or equivalent), Man machine safety interfaces
- Understanding of various industrial communication protocols
- Basic knowledge of database and client-server model operation
- Satisfactory criminal reference check in accordance with the company’s policy
- Professional, co-operative attitude
- Excellent communications skills, including both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of analytical problem-solving methodologies
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion with sensitive, confidential information
- Adept at establishing priorities and meeting critical deadlines
- Detail oriented, efficient, and accurate
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and be resourceful
- Preference given to candidate who can cross into Canada to visit / interact with other facilities
- $85,000-$95,000 Salary
- Potential Bonus up to 10% of salary
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Direct Hire
- Our Richmond Hill branch is a small local office that is part of a larger organization - the best of both worlds
We thank all that apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express is a Full Service Human Resources Centre. If you do not possess the above skill set but would like to explore other opportunities we may have, please submit your resume specifying the career opportunities that would be of interest to you.
Express Office: Richmond Hill
9040 Leslie Street
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3M4