Located in Syracuse, NY
As a Welder Fabricator your responsibilities are reviewing the job specifications and drawings to gather parts and/or material needed for welding or assembly. You would set up the welder and fixture steel to be welded using squares, tape measure and math to fabricate product per print within tolerance, squareness and dimensionally. You would perform mechanical assembly of components per print and manufacturer specifications using hand tools, impact wrenches, and torque wrenches, as well as use of a crane to position gear motor/drum to be assembled to frame, attach brakes, and set air gap per manufacturing specifications.
Position - First Shift. Full time. $17.00 - $22.00 DOE.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Have the ability to pass welding certification test administered by company
- Are able to read measuring devices including: measuring tape, micrometer, and calipers
- Are able to read blueprints – with knowledge of standard welding symbols
- Have the ability to lay out and plan an assembly/weld
- Setup and use of a plasma cutter / torch and iron workers
- Perform MIG Welding, GMAW and Flux Core Arc Welding
- Fabricate products that conform to specifications and/or drawings.
- Assemble Hoist /Mechanical assemblies per print.
- Identify product nonconformities and alerting supervisor to initiate appropriate action
- Ensure functionality of machines, and mechanical assemblies
- Conduct preventive maintenance on machinery
- Follow proper safety protocols including the use of appropriate PPE
- Perform work activities that achieve the company’s Quality Objectives
- Adhere to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
Express Office: Syracuse
3004 Erie Boulevard East
Syracuse, NY 13224