Senior Systems Engineer
Located in Raleigh, NC
Express Employment Professionals is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for a full-time opening with a financial institution based in the Raleigh, NC area.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be a key player in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of critical enterprise infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have expertise in systems administration, server and desktop virtualization, and multiple operating systems.
- Manage and monitor various systems, including VMware, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software patches, upgrades, performance tuning, resource optimization as required, and periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Work with leadership to define, implement and migrate users to the enterprise architecture, and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead aspects of the evolution of the enterprise architecture, to include technical assessments and technical requirements analysis, as well as future capability needs (near and long-term) to drive the design and integration of the IT Enterprise.
- Support the architecture and strategic design guidance of a collaborative sharing services program to improve existing infrastructure, and work with other teams to deliver improvements.
- Establish technical design and roadmap for a secure virtual desktop solution, including server infrastructure and designing and implementing environments in production and disaster recovery environments.
- Provide strong technical guidance related to VMWare, manageability, resiliency and performance of network.
- Analyze and recommend solutions, upgrades and services for streamlining system improvements. Lead in the implementation of changes, upgrades, patches, new releases, and new services.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability. Analyze system requirements and long-term needs to plan for future development of integrated systems.
- Champion in the design of automation, information, and operational support systems.
- Support all aspects of the current and planned future state of the enterprise capabilities: Cloud, Compute, Storage, BCP/DR, and Collaboration between technology and business
- Maintain system documentation for various environments (production, test, dev, etc.) and maintenance schedules.
- 7-9 years general IT experience in administration, upgrading, and maintenance of systems infrastructure in medium to large environments, including virtual desktop/server, Microsoft Windows operating systems, and/or a broad scope of VMware products.
- Experience with managing a virtualized Microsoft Windows server environment, including Active Directory components, specifically around Server 2016+.
- Experience managing, troubleshooting, and improving a VMware Horizon View environment.
- Skilled with managing and optimizing Windows Desktop operating systems for a virtual environment deployment.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to app and desktop virtualization in Windows Server and Desktop operating systems (VMware).
- Experience managing or migrating workloads into cloud environments, preferably AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience working with SAN and NAS storage infrastructure, managing and supporting a virtual server backup solution, preferably Veeam Backup & Recovery.
This is a full-time, Direct Hire position (no contracting required) with a target salary of $110,000-$115,000.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we want to hear from you! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Durham
5306 NC Highway 55
Durham, NC 27713