This purpose of this position is to be the first formal contact for clients requesting assistance in the rental and emergency assistance programs, referring both internally and externally for long term solutions as appropriate.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview, screen, and determine client eligibility for Federal and State Assistance programs including but not limited to food, security deposit, rental assistance, energy assistance, and emergency assistance using predetermined criteria.
- Work with Program Coordinator to determine the appropriate funding source for assistance. Complete application with attention to detail and return to the Program Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Answer phones and schedule appointments in a timely manner, leaving room for walk-ins to assist the clients in emergency situations.
- Ensure that client files are maintained and data entry is completed in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing internal and grant funding data bases and filing systems.
- Accurately track and report client information and funding expenditures as requested to the Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate with other resources to provide both internal and external referrals for programs/services to ensure the optimum level of service to clients.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year direct client contact and/or customer service experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and web based applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to multitask in a variety of areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers and co-workers, sustain client and interdepartmental confidentiality.
- Valid Oregon Drivers license.
- Experience determining eligibility for human service programs.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.