Customer Service Specialist
Located in Kentwood, MI
Customer Service Representative Job Summary:
Join a team that improves patient outcomes, through innovative and flexible solutions to the acute care market! They are looking for an experienced team player to join their growing Customer Service team. If you’re a high performing administrative professional looking for a dynamic company culture and great employee perks, this could be the role for you!
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Maintain continual contact with assigned distributors throughout the order fullfillment, ensuring orders are kept on track.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator, verifying inventory status and shipping requirements post order entry.
- Coordinate shipment activity, including but not limited to: preparation of shipping documentation, notification and confirmation of shipment to distributors, coordination of the return of equipment and processing freight claims for damaged products.
- Enter bill of material/quote data lines into ERP system, recording any discrepencies with the orginal quote/purchase order.
- Work closely with the distributor to resolve discrepencies once the customer has approved the configuration of various products.
- Respond to inquiries from customers and distributors related to order status, inventory availability (through the feasibility process), pricing and freight estimates.
- Provide return authorizations related to capital equipment and demo equipment, determining the proper credit due and inventory disposition for each item.
- Process distributor orders for parts and supplies received via fax or email. Provide customer support and enter orders from customers via call center.
- Be responsible for the post-shipment billing of customers and distributor equipment orders and recording any final adjustments, as required. Periodically collaborate with the Credit Analyst to create revised invoices.
- Negotiate on behalf of distributors and customers to resolve various issues including inventory availability and other time-critical challenges.
- Follow order entry by the Customer Service Specialist, review and interpret the job file including purchase order, quote, delivery requirements, and other distributor/customer specifications.
- Coordinate with all internal departments to meet customer needs.
- Manage other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Schedule: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Customer Service Representative Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Have 3-5 years of professional Customer Service Experience
- Must have knowledge of administrative procedures and office software, Excel, Word, etc.
- Verify work to ensure accurate results, requiring minimal rework.
- High level of reasoning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate when neccessary
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Evaluation Hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit:
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519