Located in Markham, ON
Currently seeking a machine operator for a metal recycling manufacturing plant in Markham, ON.
- Roll plates on 2Hi/4Hi rolling mills as per established procedure
- Slitting of plates/stripes to specific width
- Dry sanding and wet sanding of plates/stripes
- Annealing of plates/stripes at specific temperature and speed.
- Roll and stamp mini / mega bars and solders. Setup or adjust punch press and stamp material as per established procedure.
- Grind and polish rolling mill rolls using lathes. Roll finish and trueness must be checked and documented as per established procedure.
- Bond solder flush bars, a thermal treatment that involves cleaning, assembly and watching the bond happen and make adjustments as required, as per established procedures to make a bar with a good metallurgical bond and specific thickness of solder.
- Complete final product testing and quality report (mill cert.) as needed. Metrology skills required hardness testing, micrometers, calipers
- Maintain 5S and housekeeping as per standard
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, and follow all health and safety and environmental rules in the plant.
- Keep material, including scrap, properly identified by alloy / name to minimize cross overs and contamination. Be responsible for all material weights signed out to be worked on
- Some Machine Operating experience required (Automotive or Steel/Metal Fabricating)
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be comfortable going through a metal detector every day (every time you go in and out, when clocking in, going on breaks, and at the end of the day)
- Must have Plastic Capped Shoe (CSA Approved), if not, must be comfortable having Steel Toed Shoes checked by security
- Training is available
- Great attitude, punctual and reliable
- Monday-Thursday 6:30am-3:30pm, Fridays 6:30am-10:30am
- Possible benefits, pension, and uniform allowance when hired after probation
- 6 Month Probation
- Our Richmond Hill branch is a small local office that is part of a larger organization - the best of both worlds
For more information please call (905) 597-0620 or email jobs.richmondhillON@expresspros.com
We thank all that apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express is a Full Service Human Resources Centre. If you do not possess the above skill set but would like to explore other opportunities we may have, please submit your resume specifying the career opportunities that would be of interest to you.
Express Office: Richmond Hill
9040 Leslie Street
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3M4