Solutions Architect (Up to $65 per hour)
Located in Lansing, MI
Salary: Up to $65.00 per hour
Expectations for this role are a Solutions Architect’s dream! This is a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity. The Solution Architect will be responsible for creating and updating application and infrastructure architectural designs and patterns that enable secure State Agency business processes across the complete portfolio. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-agency group for the State of Michigan, providing expertise and consultation to state-wide initiatives related to enterprise architecture and design.
Qualifications (The work you'll do):
- Perform knowledge transfer and professional development training to key technical architectural contractors and State staff. This will be for the purpose of standardizing IT projects added to the State of Michigan IT enterprise portfolio.
- Provide guidance for documenting and presenting the solutions and patterns that are placed in, or integrated with, the SOM IT enterprise.
- Communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders of project, including those who do not have a technical background.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to continue to standardize and streamline the ESDS procedures in alignment with Enterprise Architecture.
- Consult in varied areas architecture, COTS, Java, and .NET.
- Promote shared (enterprise) services to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Work closely with the Department of Technology, Management & Budget (DTMB) and the Enterprise Solutions Design Services (ESDS) Project Manager to ensure alignment with the State’s project management methodology (PMM) and system engineering methodology (SEM) utilizing the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE).
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies.
- Assist with development and delivery of training for additional State of Michigan Architects.
- Collaborate with Michigan Cyber Security team to reinforce secure system architecture tasks.
- Continuously develop the ESDS Architectural Professional Development Curriculum.
- Deliver professional development training to State of Michigan Architects.
- Documentation for ESDS sessions as well as solutions developed within ESDS.
- Provide monthly status to the Project Manager and Director.
- Develop and monitor related performance metrics.
- Will be responsible for performing architectural duties across multiple overlapping ESDS engagements.
3+ years of experience in Network and System Administration
3+ years of experience in Developing and Delivering Training Curriculums
3+ years of experience in Solution Architecture
3+ years of experience in Requirements Gathering
CompTIA Security+ or higher IT Security certifications
Strong application and infrastructure background and the ability to lead highly technical discussions.
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work Location | Work Remotely:
Onsite: 2 days per week in Lansing, MI.
Remote: 3 days per week.
This is a 6-month, contract-to-hire opportunity! If you are qualified and interested in learning more, please forward a copy of your resume to Gary.Thomas@expresspros.com
for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307